The Chadderton Preparatory Grammar School isn't just an outstanding place to learn, it's a great place to work too!
Our Current Vacancies
Teaching Assistant Apprentice
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant Apprentice to assist within our teaching team. This job will be varied and exciting, with the opportunity to work with a variety of pupils and staff across the school.
The Chadderton is a family-based, co-educational preparatory school with an outstanding reputation. The school places the careful nurturing and rounded education of the children in our care at its core. We encourage impressive results from happy children and will always remain true to this philosophy whilst striving to constantly improve what we deliver. Each year in July, we bid farewell to confident, polite and impressive Year Six, children as they complete their time at The Chadderton and head towards success in a variety of senior schools.
We are looking for someone who can work from Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm, term time only.
- Work with a pupil on a 1 to 1 basis
- Provide teaching support in small groups in order to aid the teacher
- Liaise with the teacher to understand the objectives of each session
- Assist the teacher with observations and monitoring of the progress of pupils, both educationally and socially
- Keep up to date written records for supported pupils
- Promote positive behaviour patterns, raise self-esteem, and improve independent working in pupils to assist their education and growth
- Participate and supervise pupils during off site activities
- Make materials and resources for teachers or pupils as directed by the class teacher and assist where necessary with mounting of work and displays
- Assist where necessary with preparation and clearing away of the classroom and materials to ensure effective teaching
- To undertake lunchtime duties
- To attend training sessions as requested by the SLT
- To undertake any other duties as directed by the SLT
- Good timekeeping and smart appearance
- Be able to maintain confidentiality at all times and to observe Data Protection guidelines
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances/situations
- Be approachable and dependable
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Have a commitment to safeguarding students
- Able to communicate well
- Have good/excellent communication skills in order to build a rapport and relationships with pupils and staff
- Knowledge of Ofsted and the Curriculum would be desirable
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in Maths and English
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send your CV, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to learn more about this role please do get in touch with the School Office on 0161 620 6570.
The Chadderton Preparatory Grammar School is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect staff to share this commitment.